If you are having trouble with our interactive job application, please try the steps below.
1. Our job application is designed to be filled out and submitted using Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it is a free download which can be found here www.adobe.com. If you prefer not to download Adobe Reader, you can also print the application from your web browser and fill it out by hand or you can also stop in at Community Emergency Corps at 78 Thompson Street in Ballston Spa and pick up a paper application and fill it out by hand.
IMPORTANT!: Some internet browsers will open the pdf right in the browser. Some browsers do not have support for interactive PDF forms. Please make sure you actually download the pdf file to your computer first. If your browser is automatically opening the file, there should be a download button within its PDF viewer page. Alternatively, you can back up to the download page and right click (or control click on a mac) and look for a download option in the menu that pops up. Then you can save the file to your computer’s desktop or other location of your preference and open it in Adobe Reader which will allow you to submit the form.
2. Once you have Adobe Reader and have downloaded our pdf file from the Downloadable Documents page on our website, open the file in Adobe Reader and click in one of the fields to type your information. You can use your computers’ “Tab” key to move through the fields or you can just click on each field and fill it in. All of the fields that can be filled in will be highlighted as shown in the screen capture below.
3. Once you have filled in all the fields on both pages of the application, click the submit button at the bottom of page 2. This will open a dialog box asking you to choose which type of email method you would like to use. It will look something like this.
4. If you use a Desktop Email Application, when you click OK in the box above, it will open your email application, attach the completed pdf file and address the email to us. You may add an additional message if you want and then send us the email.
5. If you use an Internet Email account such as Gmail or Yahoo, choose the Internet Email option and click OK. You will then be prompted to save your file. Save it to a location where you will be able to find it easily such as your desktop. Then create a new email in your Internet Email account, address it to email@example.com, attache the pdf file that you saved to your computer and send it to us!